Theme Park Insider

The Social Newsroom

I Love Free Software

Kansas City Techno

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Technical details and scripts of the Wordpress Timthumb.php hack | mm

Technical details and scripts of the Wordpress Timthumb.php hack | mm: "As I mentioned yesterday my WordPress blog was hacked. The security hole has been picked up by hacker news and from there, The Register, ZDNet, PCWorld, and Geek.com among others. The publicity will hopefully get Theme developers to update timthumb.php or switch to a different thumbnail generator.

I’ve been contacted with requests for detailed info, so I’m going to post the technical details of how my site was hacked along with the scripts that the hacker used to get in. This is targeted at a technical audience.

The server that served you this web page is the one that was hacked. It runs Ubuntu 10.10 with all security updates installed. It is a virtual server hosted by Linode."

'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment