Theme Park Insider

The Social Newsroom

I Love Free Software

Kansas City Techno

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Should We Use OpenCart? | Made of Everything You're Not | Eric Lamb

Should We Use OpenCart? | Made of Everything You're Not | Eric Lamb: "Anywho, OpenCart has lot of good features available out of the box with my favorites being the Backup Manager, User Groups, really nice localization (l18n) and internationalization (i18n) options, support for multiple stores and a slick reporting overview. OpenCart also has the one feature I personally love from any and all e-commerce packages; Guest Checkouts. Personally, when I’m buying something from an online store that’s not a 500 pound gorilla like Amazon or Best Buy I hate signing up for an account. Guest checkout is the shit.

The code is really well structured and thought out; it uses a nice implementation of the MVC pattern which made things ridiculously easy to walk through and find out what was going on under the hood. OpenCart appears to be using a home grown MVC framework, which, while, in my opinion a little unnecessary,  isn’t at all a big deal. "

'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment