Theme Park Insider

The Social Newsroom

I Love Free Software

Kansas City Techno

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Book: The Future of Social Commerce - Now for 99 cents! (by @baekdal) #opinion

Book: The Future of Social Commerce - Now for 99 cents! (by @baekdal) #opinion: "Regular readers will know that I do not like the 99 cent price. I have written several articles about it, including the popular "The Myth of the 99 Cent Book." In it I explain how the math just doesn't add up, and how the authors are shooting themselves in the foot.

So why am I suddenly doing exactly the one thing that I telling everyone not to do? Well ...It's a test.

Many have sent me stories about authors selling their book for 99 cents. Amanda Hocking is just one but there are many others. And each story is even more fantastic than the other. One story I received last night told of an author selling her book first at $9.99, and got almost no sale. Change it 99 cents and sold 3,000 in no time at all.

What people have been telling me is, "you don't know until you tried!"

Fair enough. I'm game. Let's try it."

'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment